Re: TAG Request for Change to WS Addressing Core

Mark, thanks for giving us a bit more time for additional comments.
We have a TAG telcon tomorrow. I'll put this on the agenda. I'll keep
you aware of any plan we could set.

Vincent.

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:49:21 -0700 Mark Nottingham <mark.nottingham@bea.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Noah.
>
> Vincent, I expect that we'll be able to accept comments from the TAG
> after Nov. 1st, as we most likely won't be finished our CR testing at
> that point. However, it won't be much longer before we do, so if the
> TAG would like to make additional comments, it should do so soon.
>
> I'll have a better idea of our schedule after our Nov. 7-9 F2F; if
> you ping me after those dates, I can give you a revised estimate.
>
> Cheers,
>

> On 25/10/2005, at 3:41 PM, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com.bea.com wrote:
>
> > Mark Nottingham writes:
> >

> >> Thank you, Noah; I'll record this as a CR issue and instigate
> >> discussion in the WG.
> >>

> > Thank you!
> >

> >> For my information, could you give an indication of the nature
> >> and scope of "other aspects of TAG issue endPointRefs-47,"
> >>

> > Sure.  It's our understanding that when Mark Baker raised the issue
> > [1],
> > his concern was about the use of addressing at more than one level,
> > I.e.
> > in SOAP headers resulting from EPRs and in the native mechanisms of
> > the
> > underlying protocols such as HTTP.  Mark has several times reminded us
> > [2,3] of the difference between the "don't use non-URI parms for
> > identification" and the "don't address at two levels" concerns.
> > So, we're
> > at least devoting some more discussion to the "two-level" issue.
> > We have
> > not reached even the rough outline of a decision as to whether to do
> > anything about that, and if so what.  Right now, it's at the
> > discussion
> > stage.
> >

> >> and when you expect to resolve them (even in rough terms)?
> >> This will help plan our future work.
> >>

> > I just noticed that your Candidate Rec. comment period closes next
> > week on
> > 1 Nov, but as I recall that deadline was not mentioned on our telcon
> > today.  I would encourage you to coordinate with Vincent Quint, our
> > chair,
> > if you have concerns about the timing of any further TAG work on this
> > issue.  Minutes from today's telcon are not yet out even in draft
> > form,
> > but I expect they'd be a good place to get more details of where we
> > stand
> > for the moment.
> >
> > Thank you again for your prompt response.
> >
> > Noah
> >
> > [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2005Jan/0000.html
> > [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2005Oct/0001.html
> > [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2005Oct/0049.html
> >
> > --------------------------------------
> > Noah Mendelsohn
> > IBM Corporation
> > One Rogers Street
> > Cambridge, MA 02142
> > 1-617-693-4036

> [...]

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhône-Alpes
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@inria.fr      655 avenue de l'Europe
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             38334 Saint Ismier Cedex
                                    France