Re: Sections (was Re: TAG Comments on XHTML 2.0 and HLink)

simonstl@simonstl.com writes:

> Andrew Watt writes:
> > There is nothing structurally in XHTML to associate the h1 element
> > with its (probably) associated p element.
> >
> > Surely that is one of the structural defects of HTML that should at
> > least be looked at in XHTML 2.0?
>
> XHTML 2.0 does look at it. See:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-text.html#sec_8.18.
>
> XHTML 2.0 doesn't (yet) deprecate h1, h2, etc., but they do lay a
> foundation for addressing that complaint.

Simon,

Isn't it all the more odd that Ann wrote, "XHTML 2.0 retains much of the
familiar because that familiar is practical, useful, and comfortable. There
is no need to reinvent paragraphs, bulleted lists, and other simple document
structures. " when, in fact, they are ... at least as far as structure is
concerned .... potentially going to be significantly altered?

I wonder if the HTML user community will be at least as concerned about those
changes as the supposed concern about XLink. :)

Andrew Watt