Re: Namespace dispatching

Julian Reschke wrote:

> For instance, I may have an XHTML document, which somewhere inside contains
> XInclude instructions. I'd have to run this through an XInclude processor
> before it can be passed to the browser.
>
> So, while the XSLT problem can be worked around, I don't think this can be a
> general solution....

Well there is currently no solution to this problem. Multiple levels of
top-level elements would actually be one solution that isn't entirely
inelegant. It is a big problem if you see XInclude and XSLT in the same
document to know which to apply first. I think that's part of why
XInclude hasn't taken off.

So yeah, I think we should entertain the notion that

<xsl:include-doc ...
 <xsl:literal

 </xsl:literal
</xsl:include-doc

means apply xsl:include-doc first, then xsl:literal.

 Paul Prescod