Re: Packaging (was namespaces and MIME types)

On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 16:51, Norman Walsh wrote:
> It seems to me that by making this a packaging issue we could make the
> whole problem much more tractable. The packaging spec could describe
> some basic sorts of metadata ("start here", "start with XSLT", "use
> this processing pipeline", "apply this CSS to the result"), but it
> could be extensible so that individuals and communities could devise
> their own.

That sounds intriguing.  It might revive the defunct www-xml-packaging
list:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-packaging/

It also sounds a lot like the ISO DSDL work that was being discussed at
XML 2001:

http://xml.coverpages.org/ni2001-12-13-a.html

Might be nice to coordinate such things...

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!