Re: Packaging (was namespaces and MIME types)

Norman Walsh wrote:

> It seems to me that by making this a packaging issue we could make the
> whole problem much more tractable. The packaging spec could describe
> some basic sorts of metadata ("start here", "start with XSLT", "use
> this processing pipeline", "apply this CSS to the result"), but it
> could be extensible so that individuals and communities could devise
> their own.

All good thoughts. Just FYI, I have some vague recollection that this is
related to work currently being done at ISO. The idea of specifying the
order of decomposition for an XML document is probably one whose time
has come. For example, XInclude can't work properly without it.

 Paul Prescod