Re: Outlines for new Implementation guide documents for Core (previously WAI-ARIA), HTML 5.1, and SVG2

From: Brian Birtles <bbirtles@mozilla.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 09:51:23 +0900
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
CC: Kurosawa Takeshi <taken.spc@gmail.com>, 'www-svg' <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi Rich,

Thanks for your prompt response.

(2014/01/17 9:28), Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> Well, for example, it would not apply to <desc>, <radius>,
> <rendering-intent>, etc.

<radius> and <rendering-intent> are not elements. If HTML allows role on
Or have I misunderstood HTML?

I'm just trying to understand what the benefit is of disallowing these
attributes?

> I did not think we agreed to put it on all elements - just not to limit
> it to rendered elements.

That's right, we didn't agree to anything. We decided to wait for your
input.

> I think that definitions.xml is fine. Did you find a problem?

Yes, please see the original discussion.[1][2]

Thanks,

Brian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2014/01/09-svg-minutes.html#item01
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2013May/0000.html