Re: When becomes "CSS Backgrounds and Borders Level 3" a standard?

From: Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 17:25:08 -0400
To: Regina Henschel <rb.henschel@t-online.de>
Le 2018-03-13 09:45, Regina Henschel a écrit :
> Hello CSS-Team,
>
> I'm member of the technical committee of Open Document Format [1][2].
> We are interested to use section 7.1 of "CSS Backgrounds and Borders
> Level 3" as normative reference in the upcoming version ODF 1.3.

Great! I often use .odt .

> Your
> current version is "CR". But we are not sure whether it is already
> suitable as normative reference.
>
> Does there exist a schedule, when this specification will become a
> "W3C Recommendation"? Or can you estimate it?
>
> Which kind of changes might occur on the way to the final version?

CR exit criteria
https://www.w3.org/TR/css-backgrounds-3/#cr-exit-criteria

Several CSS3 Backgrounds tests in the test suite need to be fixed,
corrected, adjusted (otherwise reviewed) including tests in the 7.1
section of "CSS Backgrounds and Borders Level 3".

Also, 7 spec issues (including one affecting section 7.1: issue 2305)
still affect css-backgrounds-3:
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Acss-backgrounds-3
and I believe (I'm not 100% sure on this) these 7 spec issues will have
to be closed satisfactorily before moving to PR.

> Will the final version too be available by the URL
> "https://www.w3.org/TR/css-backgrounds-3/" ?

Yes. You can bookmark that link.

Gérard