Re: When becomes "CSS Backgrounds and Borders Level 3" a standard?

Le 2018-03-13 17:25, Gérard Talbot a écrit :
> Le 2018-03-13 09:45, Regina Henschel a écrit :
>> Hello CSS-Team,
>>
>> I'm member of the technical committee of Open Document Format [1][2].
>> We are interested to use section 7.1 of "CSS Backgrounds and Borders
>> Level 3" as normative reference in the upcoming version ODF 1.3.
>
> Great! I often use .odt .
>
>> Your
>> current version is "CR". But we are not sure whether it is already
>> suitable as normative reference.
>>
>> Does there exist a schedule, when this specification will become a
>> "W3C Recommendation"? Or can you estimate it?
>>
>> Which kind of changes might occur on the way to the final version?

"
For this specification to be advanced to Proposed Recommendation, there
must be at least two independent, interoperable implementations of each
feature.
"

> CR exit criteria
> https://www.w3.org/TR/css-backgrounds-3/#cr-exit-criteria

"
98 required tests are considered valid and do not meet CR exit criteria.
"
http://test.csswg.org/harness/results/css-backgrounds-3_dev/grouped/

and we know there are at least 40 tests that have problems, need
corrections.
The test suite may also need more tests (basic tests and complex tests).

Gérard