Re: [css-device-adapt] add warning to user-scalable=no / user-zoom / etc relating to accessibility/usability?

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 15:22:22 +0900
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>

> On Sep 29, 2016, at 00:43, Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk> wrote:
>
> In light of potential accessibility/usability issues around trying to prevent users from zooming/resizing (and the recent change in iOS 10 Safari to completely ignore user-scalable=no and similar), wondering if it may be appropriate to add at least a warning or reminder to the spec about using these features with care?
>
> See related discussion https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/602

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this up. I've always felt uncomfortable with these feature, precisely for the reasons raised, so I definitely support adding at the very least a warning. If other browsers are ready to follow Safari's lead on ignoring the feature entirely, I'd even be happy to cut it from the spec altogether.

 - Florian