Re: [motion-1] !important: motion-* rename

The motion-* properties, or at least the general concept of "CSS Motion
Path" has the benefit of developer awareness in the graphics/animation
communities.  Even if they're not using them anywhere, they know that it's
a project in the works.

That said, I agree that it is a little hard to grok that setting
"motion-path" does not directly create any motion.  It took me a while to
figure out.  It also narrows the perceived scope of these properties;
people don't realize that "motion path" properties can be used to create
complex graphical layouts (aka Space Jam layouts) without any moving
objects.  All reasons, I'm sure, behind the existing name change.

I don't know the history behind why offset-* was chosen.  I don't find it
any clearer.  The motion/offset path properties aren't all "offsets"
individually, nor can the net effect be defined as a single offset from a
base position.  In contrast, the usage for absolute/relative positioning
makes more sense; they are (like their top/left/right/bottom equivalents)
about offseting an element in a particular direction, absolutely in a
container or relative to its normal position.  Each one has an offset
length as its value.  Given that there's a shipping implementation for that
usage and not for this one, I'd say let them have it.

If offset paths were a direct substitute for this kind of element
positioning, it could make sense to use the same naming scheme without a
conflict.  But the CSS Motion Path properties are not a type of
absolute/relative positioning.

These properties, at their heart, are about defining a coordinate system
transformation.  My recommendation is then to find a new name, one that
accurately reflects this function.

For example:

   - transformation-path (shorthand)
   - transformation-path-shape (= motion-path / offset-path)
   - transformation-path-anchor (=offset-anchor)
   - transformation-path-offset (= offset-position)
   - transformation-path-distance (= offset-distance)
   - transformation-path-rotation (=motion-rotation / offset-rotation)

If someone can think of a shorter name that conveys the same sense of "a
transformation defined by position on a path", that would be great. But I
always lean towards longer and clearer versus short and obscure.
Auto-complete and gzip soften the blow of long property names, after all.

~ABR