Re: [css-scroll-snap] Rename keywords 'proximity' and 'mandatory'

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 27, 2016, at 12:11 AM, Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmail.com<mailto:sebastianzartner@gmail.com>> wrote:

On 26 September 2016 at 20:01, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net<mailto:fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>> wrote:
On 05/02/2016 07:20 PM, Sebastian Zartner wrote:
fantasai wrote:
On 12/13/2015 11:39 PM, Sebastian Zartner wrote:

> Both values are relatively long and one is a noun while the other is
> an adjective, which makes them inconsistent.
>
> Therefore I believe they should be renamed. The words I have in mind
> are 'near' and 'always'. Though maybe somebody else can come up with
> better words.

Just came up with an idea: borrowing from the 'line-break' property,
how about 'strict' and 'loose'?

Sounds good to me.

To follow up on this, the WG rejected these terms at this telecon:
  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2016May/0044.html
and since there were no other proposals that seemed to gain traction,
the keywords have not been renamed.

If anyone has any regrets, or a better proposal, speak now or forever
hold your peace, because we're going to CR asap. :p

My initially proposed keywords 'near' and 'always' were unfortunately not discussed in that meeting. At least Alan liked them[1].

Sebastian

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Dec/0186.html

Those terms were discussed (they just didn't make it to the summary)