Re: [CSSWG] Announcement: Spec issues are migrating to GitHub issues

On 5/18/16, 10:28 AM, "Marat Tanalin" <mtanalin@yandex.ru> wrote:

>18.05.2016, 19:22, "Alan Stearns" <stearns@adobe.com>:
>> The working group has decided to move spec issues and discussions to GitHub issues in our drafts repository.
>> The www-style mailing list will gradually be reduced to announcements and general discussions.
>
>That's great. How to determine for sure whether to post something (e.g. a proposal of a new at-rule) here in the mailing list or as a GitHub issue?
>
>What are general discussions exactly?

If the discussion might result in a change to a CSS specification, it should be a GitHub issue. A speculative proposal for a new @rule should be a GitHub issue. We can discuss whether it should be added to a spec there, and close the issue if we choose not to add the @rule at this time. Over time, we’ll have a searchable archive of closed issues that can be re-opened as new data warrants.

Anything else can continue to be discussed on the mailing list. But if a mailing list discussion veers towards spec changes, it will move to GitHub.

Thanks,

Alan