Re: computedStyle of cloneNode

From: Shane Stephens <shans@google.com>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 00:46:32 +0000
To: Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org, annevk@annevk.nl
Bringing this back on track...

(1) several of us have now stated that computed style for detached nodes
doesn't really make sense. Rune may disagree with this stance but I'm not
sure?

(2) if this were a general rule then we'd have an answer for the initial
question (what to do with computed style of a cloned node) - as the clone
would not be in-document, it wouldn't have a computed style.

Can we either resolve that there should not be a computed style for
detached nodes, or resolve on a consistent behavior for cloned nodes?

Thanks,
    -Shane