Re: [css-flexbox] definite sizes & "width:auto" inside of a block

Hi,

this reminds me a previous mail [1]. :-)

On 31/03/16 21:50, Daniel Holbert wrote:
> I think the flexbox spec's definition of "definite sizes" needs some
> clarification.
>
> The definition is as follows:
>   # ...a definite size is one that can be determined
>   # without measuring content, i.e. is a <length>,
>   # a size of the initial containing block, or a
>   # <percentage> that is resolved against a definite
>   # size.
> https://drafts.csswg.org/css-flexbox/#definite-sizes

This definition was the same in the css-sizing spec
(https://drafts.csswg.org/css-sizing/#definite),
but it has been updated [2] to include:
"or other formula that is resolved solely against definite sizes."

Probably this change should be applied to flexbox spec too, or flexbox
should point to css-sizing directly (like grid does).

Bye,
  Rego

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Oct/0046.html
[2]