Re: [css-pseudo] Need a way to styling the disclosure triangle of the <details> (or <summary>) element

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 2:23 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 12:19 AM, Daniel Glazman
> <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com> wrote:
> > On 03/03/2016 21:01, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> > It also seems that none of Gecko, WebKit and Blink correctly applies
> > 'display: list-item; list-style-type: square' to an element that is not
> > a li, dt or dd.
>
> No, it works perfectly fine.  Are you accidentally hiding the bullet
> off-screen?  Switch to list-style-position:inside or add some
> padding/margin so it has space to display.
>
> > Gecko even seems to apply it only to li/dt/dd elements
> > inside a ul/ol/dl. I haven't checked in the code itself yet.
>
> I suspect this is the same thing.

What Tab said here. In Gecko, list-item can perfectly be applied to any
element (except those with special behavior e.g. form controls, media
elements). I think it matches other engines.

In Gecko's terminology, it is handled as a block frame with a bullet frame.

- Xidorn