Re: [css-grid] Positioned items and grid lines

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 15:45:36 -0700
To: Mats Palmgren <mats@mozilla.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Mats Palmgren <mats@mozilla.com> wrote:
> While the surrounding text says that gutters only occurs *between*
> tracks, and hence implicitly excludes the first/last line, I still
> think the quoted text makes 12.1 give mixed messages whether the
> space before/after the first/last line counts as a gutter (and thus
> make its line acquire width).

I agree, that's not clear.  I added the following paragraph to make it
more explicit:

there is no gutter before the first track or after the last track.
(In particular, there is no <a>gutter</a> between the first/last track
of the <a>implicit grid</a>
and the "auto" lines in the <a>augmented grid</a>.)