Re: [css-grid] Positioned items and grid lines

From: Mats Palmgren <mats@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 00:06:20 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
On 2016-04-27 19:09, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
 > Can you point to where in the spec you're getting that?

I think this text is misleading:
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/#gutters
"the grid track between two grid lines is the space between
the gutters that represent them."

IOW this text says that track 1 is defined as the space between
the gutter before line 1 and after line 2.  It also says that
lines are "represented" by gutters (no line excluded).

While the surrounding text says that gutters only occurs *between*
tracks, and hence implicitly excludes the first/last line, I still
think the quoted text makes 12.1 give mixed messages whether the
space before/after the first/last line counts as a gutter (and thus
make its line acquire width).

The full text in 12.1 is not as bad as I first thought though,
so I concede that this is in fact a bug in Gecko.

Thanks,
Mats