Re: [css-grid] Positioned items and grid lines

On 2016-04-27 09:53, Manuel Rego Casasnovas wrote:
> I see it can make sense in a case like space-evenly, I've more doubts in
> cases like space-around (each line will have different width) or center.

Note that I have made no claims about what "makes sense" or what "authors
want" or anything like that.  I'm just claiming that what we have
implemented is what CSS Grid actually says.

The space before/after the first/last track is no different from other
space as I see it.  All space is the result of the chosen alignment
and/or grid-gap properties.  Ditto for lines - I don't see why
line 1 and line -1 should be different from other lines.

> Anyway, I believe we need some kind of decision from the spec editors
> and/or CSS WG about what's the expected behavior for these situations,
> and probably a more specific wording on the spec.

Agreed, and I have no strong opinion either way.  It would be fairly
simple to change Gecko to be compatible with the bug in Chrome. :-)

Regards,
Mats