Re: [css-flexbox] abspos & align-self: stretch

From: Christian Biesinger <cbiesinger@google.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 19:26:16 -0400
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Greg Whitworth <gwhit@microsoft.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 4:03 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

>> On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Christian Biesinger
>> <cbiesinger@google.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> For align, it's only align-items/align-self, but not align-content.
>>> Tested in Edge 20.10240.16384.0
>>>
>>> For justify it is justify-content as you say.
>>

>> Ah, right, align-content happens to not have an effect, because the
>> abspos is treated as being the only flex item, so the flexbox is
>> single-line for these purposes, and the flex line is stretched to the
>> size of the flexbox (so there's no free space to align the flex line
>> with).
>

> Whether a flex container is single-line or multi-line depends
> on its flex-wrap property, not on how many items there are.

Hm, so, am I understanding you right that the desired effect is the
following (again, for abspos children of flex containers):

- If flex-wrap: nowrap:
  Align items per align-items, ignore align-content
- If flex-wrap: wrap or wrap-reverse:
  Ignore align-items (because the size of the line is the size of the
flex item), align per align-content.
  Unless align-content is stretch and cross-size is definite, then use
align-items.

Right...?

-Christian