Re: [css-forms][css-ui] Styling native components, a proposal

From: Angelique Weger <angelique.weger@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 11:52:37 +0000
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Lea Verou <lea@verou.me>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 5:20 PM Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> We talked about this in the existing Forms spec that fantasai and I
> >> wrote to start working on this: <https://drafts.csswg.org/css-forms/>.
> >> Without an actual fix for these issues, we're just shuffling the
> >> existing problems around, which doesn't accomplish much.  We'd love to
> >> get more examples of UIs, and get browser implementors interested in
> >> solving this, but right now this continues to be low-priority,
> >> unfortunately. :/
> >
> > I provided dozens of links in my email, and they come with examples.
> There really isn't a shortage of examples of styled controls on the Web.
>
> Sorry, I'm talking about *default platform UI*, so we know what sort
> of varying displays there are that need to be accommodated.

 As Lea's proposal is interesting to me and these changes would be hugely
beneficial to my work, I'd be happy to provide screenshots/documentation of
the default browser UI for form elements. Before I start, is there a
preferred way of organizing and sharing those screenshots with you or the
group?

Cheers / Angelique

angeliqueweger.com • @messypixels <http://twitter.com/messypixels>