Re: [css-transitions] Normalization of steps()

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 6:39 PM, Shane Stephens <shans@google.com> wrote:
> In Chrome, Edge and probably Safari, a specified style of
> transition-timing-function: steps(3)
> normalizes to a computed value of
> transition-timing-function: steps(3, end)
>
> In Firefox, it doesn't. Timing function strings are always maintained
> unaltered.
>
> We should specify something, then conform to it! I don't have a strong
> opinion what, but my irony muscle is twitching slightly because Edge seems
> to do the opposite here to what they do with calc :)

The standard serialization strategy is to serialize with the minimum
amount necessary to accurately represent the value. If omitting some
component is the same as specifying a particular keyword, then all
values with that keyword serialize with it omitted, etc.