Re: [css-flexbox] aspect ratio question

On 02/01/2016 03:41 PM, Christian Biesinger wrote:
> https://drafts.csswg.org/css-flexbox/#hypothetical-main-size
>
> My question is about item B in that section. Why is it limited to a
> used flex basis of content? If I specify flex-basis: 50%, but the
> flexbox has an indefinite main size (-> flex basis is not content, but
> we also don't hit case A), then we should not use the aspect ratio if
> we have one?
>
> Are there other values than an indefinite percentage (or auto and
> content) that should be matched by this? My understanding is that
> anything else would hit A, is that right?

It's limited to a used flex basis of content because if you have
a different flex basis, you should use that instead. (Intrinsic
sizes such as 'min-content' and 'max-content' don't hit case A
because they are indefinite; but they also shouldn't fall into
case B.)

We did clarify the wording on how unresolveable percentages fall
into case B, to help make the percentage situation clearer:
   https://hg.csswg.org/drafts/rev/342ac9d5c892

Hopefully that helps. Let us know if that works, or if we can
do anything else to make this clearer.

Thanks!
~fantasai and TJ