Re: [css-containment] Splitting the "sizing" part from "layout" containment

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 16:31:44 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Paul Lewis <paul@aerotwist.com>, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>, Levi Weintraub <leviw@chromium.org>, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Wednesday 2016-03-23 14:01 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 12:34 AM, Paul Lewis <paul@aerotwist.com> wrote:
> > Agree! I like "content" and "strict" for "layout paint style" and "layout
> > paint style size" respectively.
>
> Yup, works for me.

I'm a little hesitant about "content" since we talk about the DOM as
"content", i.e., a different part of the rendering pipeline,
separate from "style" and "layout" and "paint".

I also thought the earlier suggestion of not having an explicit
"size" part, but simply making it be triggered by fixed
width/height, may well be reasonable.  It would need to be
documented carefully, though.

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,