Re: [css-align] in which cases does 'left'/'right' compute to 'start' exactly?

On 09/21/2015 07:54 PM, fantasai wrote:
> On 09/20/2015 04:48 PM, Mats Palmgren wrote:
>> Also, I want to double-check I understand the first part of
>> the sentence correctly: this means that 'left' always becomes
>> 'start' for all 'align-*' properties, and always computes to
>> itself for all 'justify-*' properties, right?
>
> This is true except in flex layout, because in flex layout
> the align/justify mapping depends on the flex direction, not
> the writing mode.

One more question on the mapping of 'left'/'right' to 'start':
<x style="display:flex; ..."></x>

Let's say "..." changes the flex direction as you say such that
the justify-* properties applies to the block direction.
What would the justify-items value be on <x>?

We can't map 'legacy left' to 'legacy start' because that's not
a valid value.  Should we map it to 'start'?  Or does the rules
on mapping 'left'/'right' not apply at all to 'legacy left' in
which case the value on <x> will simply be 'legacy left'?

<x>'s 'justify-self' on the other hand "inherits" the value without
the 'legacy' part, so I assume we should map that 'left' to 'start'.
Correct?

Thanks,
Mats