Re: CSS

[This list is for the development of the CSS language, not for
technical help with writing CSS.  StackOverflow is a more appropriate
forum for this kind of question.]

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 5:05 AM, Cristi Bloj <cristibloj94@gmail.com> wrote:
> My name is Cristian Bloj, Multimedia Design student. We had to build a
> website for our project and an important thing was that the code validated,
> either HTML or CSS.
>
> The HTML code validated but I had one error for the CSS attribute
> "background-blend-mode: darken;". It says it is an error and that the
> attribute doesn't exist even though it works perfectly fine and only if it
> is used.
>
> I would want to hear what happens in the validator when the attribute is
> used and if any errors can be avoided.

You didn't say what validator you used; there's no "official"
validator, and different validators can (and do) return arbitrarily
different results.

As Lars said, background-blend-mode is a fairly new property, and so
is likely just not in that validator's list of known properties.

There is nothing you can do to fix this, save report it as a problem
to the validator's maintainer, or avoid using the property.
Validation, tho, is only useful for helping to catch inadvertent
errors; "passing" validation doesn't mean anything and isn't a
valuable goal in and of itself.  I understand, tho, that teachers
often don't understand this, and wish you luck in your project.