Re: [css-writing-modes] computed value for text-orientation: sideways or sideways-right

Le 2015-09-30 18:44, fantasai a écrit :
> On 09/19/2015 08:17 PM, 馬場孝夫 wrote:
>> Sorry for late response, and thank you for clear explanation.
>>
>>> I am not strongly opposed either way. However, I think than
>>> symmetry between sideways-left and sideways-right is overstated.
>>> sideways right just affects glyph orientation, while sideways-left
>>> also affects the baseline orientation and line progression direction.
>>>
>>> So I have a preference for something like sideways and
>>> sideways-reverse
>>> over -left and -right.
>>
>> I've understood Florian's point, your opinion makes sense.
>>

>>> Option A: it prints "sideways" and "sideways-right"
>>> Option B: it prints "sideways" and "sideways"
>>> Option C: it prints "sideways-right" and "sideways-right"
>>
>> So now I think both B and C are fine if there is no compatibility
>> problems.
>
> To close on this, the CSSWG resolved on B. This has now been
> edited into the ED.
>
> ~fantasai

I have not followed this thread...

We have now 1 test on computed value of 'text-orientation:
sideways-right'.

http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/text-orientation-parsing-sideways-right-001.html

Is it correct? I believe it is a correct and adequate test.

"
UAs may accept sideways-right as a value that computes to sideways if
needed for backward compatibility reasons.
"
5.1. Orienting Text: the text-orientation property
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-writing-modes-3/#text-orientation

Gérard