Re: [css-cascade-4][css3-ui] naming collision: the "default" value

On 5/4/15 8:45 AM, "Brad Kemper" <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> IMO, 'origin' adds to the confusion, because it makes me wonder, "what
>>> origin"?
>>
>> That's the intent. Just like you need to know what 'initial' means.
>
>The intent is to add confusion???

The intent is to be informed. 'Origin' is one of the fundamentals of the
CSS cascade. Learning fundamentals of a language before using it is
important... /aside

One point here is that 'initial' is a state. 'reset, 'clear', 'wipe',
'fallback' or 'rollback' are actions, not states.
It doesn't explain the previous point(s) of origin very well.

If no love for 'origin' alone, how about:
'ua-origin','default-origin' or 'back-origin'?