Re: [css-backgrounds] border-image with an SVG resource that has no intrinsic size

On 06/16/2015 06:32 PM, Dean Jackson wrote:
> At this point I suggest someone (other than me :) should volunteer
> to specify all this in a document somewhere. There are a lot of
> edge cases. Then we can implement it and see how we feel. I guess
> CSS backgrounds is the right place.

Wrt what to do with an image with any combination of present
or missing width/height/aspect-ratio, that's already specified
very clearly in CSS backgrounds and CSS Images:
   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-backgrounds-3/#the-border-image-slice

If it's not clear which of these measurements are provided by a
particular SVG, that's an SVG problem, not a CSS one.

~fantasai