Re: [css-backgrounds] border-image with an SVG resource that has no intrinsic size

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 07:07:43 -0700
Cc: David Vest <davve@opera.com>, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
To: Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>

> On Jun 16, 2015, at 3:32 PM, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:
>
> At this point I suggest someone (other than me :) should volunteer to specify all this in a document somewhere. There are a lot of edge cases. Then we can implement it and see how we feel. I guess CSS backgrounds is the right place.

I think css3-images already has a lot of detail about it. Maybe something needs clarifying there?

Maybe backgrounds could say something about deriving the concrete image size before determining border-image-slice?

Maybe an SVG spec could say how to determine intrinsic size and ratio in the absence of width, height, and/or viewBox?