Re: [css-ruby] Conflict with HTML5 spec

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 2:40 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> On 02/23/2015 05:22 PM, Xidorn Quan wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 8:10 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net
>> <mailto:fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>> wrote:

>> > It's much more convenient to type.
>>
>> I agree, but HTML spec guys don't seem to agree with us :)
>

> Hm, we could raise an issue, particularly if it's something we have
> implemented. :)

I'd prefer less anonymous box construction.  If people don't put
<ruby>, it's an authoring mistake; there's no real need to "correct"
things here.  (Particularly because of the non-obvious requirement for
the last internal ruby element to be explicitly closed, when in all
other cases you can omit the closing tag.)