RE: [css-flexbox] Should "max-width" influence the resolved flex base size? (from default "flex-basis:auto;width:auto")

From: Greg Whitworth <gwhit@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 00:43:25 +0000
To: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
> I found the old language I was thinking of. The 20120322 WD section 9 says:
  # Do not apply min/max-width/height constraints to
  # the preferred size of flexible lengths - those
  # constraints are handled elsewhere in this algorithm,
  # and doing so will produce incorrect results.
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-css3-flexbox-20120322/#layout-algorithm

> This explicit "Do not apply min/max" language was removed in this cset:
  https://hg.csswg.org/drafts/rev/d2282075d2f2

In our current implementation we render the same as firefox, and I would don't think it would be intuitive if we actually want to allow width to influence flex-basis but not min and max width. I think the wording should stay as is.

Greg