Re: [css-2015] CSS Snapshot

> On 08 Feb 2015, at 09:45, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
>
> On 07/02/15 15:03, fantasai wrote:
>> It's been awhile since we've updated the CSS Snapshot, and it's
>> been coming up again recently as something that we really need
>> to get around to updating.
>>
>> What specs do people consider ready to add?
>
> With the goal of eventually retiring CSS 2, does it make sense for its chapters 1 and 2 (About and Introduction) to be moved into (superseded by something in) CSS Snapshot?

See this discussion that starts here, on mostly the same topic:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Feb/0069.html

I would say eventually yes, but it's going to be a while until CSS2 is retired, so there is no rush to find a new host for the intro.

> By the way, I made a mapping of CSS 2 sections to Level 3+ specs that supersede them:

Nice! Although I think we should extend bikeshed so that we can have some metadata in the .bs file for declaring what section of what specs (if any) a spec is superseding or extending, and generate directly from that both the "modules interaction" section of each spec as well as the kind mapping you've been doing manually.

> https://github.com/servo/servo/wiki/Relevant-spec-links#css-2

You're missing 18.1 and 18.4, which are superseded by css3-ui (and maybe other things, but at least that).

 - Florian