Re: [css-text-4] text-wrap:balance take 2

From: Peter Moulder <pjrm@mail.internode.on.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 16:52:03 +1100
To: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 04:38:44AM +0000, Alan Stearns wrote:

> I am a little skeptical of a text-wrap value that will choose breaks using
> some sort of phrase analysis.

Oh, certainly I wouldn't specify that UAs must use phrase analysis in their
line breaking.  I merely mention it as an example of a consideration whose
importance varies among the different use cases.

[A UA can make use of the information without being very sophisticated, btw:
 e.g. if a phrase is italicized, hyperlinked, or even has any markup at all,
 then it's worth suffering at least a little cost in unevenness etc. to keep
 that phrase on one line.  This small cost that a UA allows might reasonably
 differ between a heading and a caption etc.]

pjrm.