Re: [css-text-4] text-wrap:balance take 2

From: Peter Moulder <pjrm@mail.internode.on.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 14:25:09 +1100
To: www-style@w3.org
> (Not that this feature needs to be implemented as new values to 'text-wrap';
>  avoiding wrapping within a particular phrase is somewhat orthogonal to the
>  overall choice of line breaks between the words & phrases of a block.)

In fact there's a practical advantage to avoiding using the 'text-wrap'
property for this, namely to simplify the specification, implementation and
testing of what to do for a paragraph that requests a mix of paragraph shaping
styles in one line.

(We *could* achieve that by saying that only the block's value has effect for
balancing etc.; but if we have a property where some values only have effect
on block-level boxes, then that's sounding a lot like it should be a separate
property.)

We can delay naming until we're more sure what behaviour we want, both
now and what has a chance of being added in future.

pjrm.