Re: [CSS21] Ambiguity in tokenizer, "normative appendix G"

I think most of the text you're concerned with has been superseded by
css3-syntax, which is a total rewrite.  What's the status of that?

IIRC variations of `url(` at the end of the input are considered
*valid* (but empty) URLs, on the "end of style sheet closes all open
constructs without error" principle, but I could be wrong, it's been a
while.

zw