Re: [css-values] repeated values with the double-bar (||) combinator are invalid?

On 12/03/2015 06:29 AM, John Daggett wrote:

> In section 2.2 of the CSS Values spec, the double bar combinator is defined as [1]:
>
>    "A double bar (||) separates two or more options: one or more
>     of them must occur, in any order."
>
> So a || b || c implies that "a b", "b c a", and "b" are all valid.
> However, I'm not sure whether repeated values are allowed or invalid
> (e.g. "a a"). Seems like it should be invalid but I can't find any wording that
> clearly disallows this.

The wording doesn't say anywhere that you can repeat them,
it just says (literally, via grammatical transform) that
"one or more of the options separated by || must occur,
in any order"

So I think the spec is quite clear. Where would you get
the idea of repeating from?

~fantasai