Re: [css-values] repeated values with the double-bar (||) combinator are invalid?

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 08:48:23 +0900
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
fantasai wrote:

> The wording doesn't say anywhere that you can repeat them, it just
> says (literally, via grammatical transform) that "one or more of the
> options separated by || must occur, in any order"
>
> So I think the spec is quite clear. Where would you get the idea of
> repeating from?

I think the intent is clear but I'm not sure "repeated values are
invalid" follows explicitly from the spec wording.

The issue came up in the context of 'font-variant-east-asian'. The
latest Webkit builds accept 'font-variant-east-asian: ruby simplified
ruby' but Firefox rejects this as invalid so the results differ.

Cheers,

John

‚Äč