Re: [css-ui-4] Feedback before f2f

> On Aug 24, 2015, at 3:30 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 2. We should keep 'appearance' limited to just "auto" and "none"
> values.  "button" is going to be hard/weird to apply arbitrarily, and
> it's not clear the use-case is strong here in the first place.  If you
> want something to look like a button, use a <button>.

While I don't personally feel strongly about 'appearance: button' specifically, I wish we could stay away from this "just change the source" reasoning. A lot of us have separate people writing the source code, not the CSS authors. We can't just ask them to change hundreds of pages where they might have something like '<a role=button>' because we want it to look like an OS button. There is such a thing as separation of concerns.