Re: [css-inline] Wrapping around initial letters

From: liam <liam@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 02:10:26 -0400
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 2015-08-21 15:27, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> Could we mark that section as at-risk?

If you can support just initial-letter-wrap: first; in at least an
approximation that would be a great benefit.

I wonder if an alternate design would be to give the initial margin and
margin-first-line properties (or whatever) as if it were inline-block
and use that as a fallback?

Connecting the first line of text is a considerable improvement, and the
possibility of doing it without needing glyph access in the renderer
seems worthwhile.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, W3C