Re: [css-overflow][css-break][css-page][houdini] The road to pagination

On 2015-08-19 20:41, Dave Cramer wrote:

> I'm hoping that we can discuss a way forward in Paris. Many of us are
> eager to help. The codex will rise again!

I'm hoping so too - this is why I'll be at the Houdini meetings in Paris
(and also at least for the last day of the CSS F2F before them).

My own interest is partly to get CSS to a point where it can more often
replace XSL-FO, and partly to get high quality typography and layout to
the Web.

An additional factor you didn't mention explicitly is that we need to
explore further the relationship between viewport (window, device, etc)
and page. The vivliostyle demo makes clear that it's not always 1:1, for
example.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, W3C