Re: [css-animations] Should changing animation-delay cause an animation to run?

From: Brian Birtles <bbirtles@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 12:45:57 +0900
To: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
On 2015/08/13 10:29, Simon Fraser wrote:
> Whether changing an animation-related property affects running animations is a separate issue, and also one on which I think David Baron was planning to write some prose.

In the example you linked to, the application is updating the delay of a
paused animation. It doesn't re-trigger it but modifies the existing
animation.

 > The current spec talks about snapshotting properties at animation
start time (which I happen to think is the most reasonable).

We have since agreed to make some properties live.[1] There was a
suggestion about snapshotting animation-delay and I followed up on why
that I think that is a bad idea.[2]

Brian

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Sep/0129.html
[2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Oct/0318.html