Re: [css-animations] Should changing animation-delay cause an animation to run?

From: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 18:29:49 -0700
Cc: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
To: Brian Birtles <bbirtles@mozilla.com>
> On Aug 12, 2015, at 4:41 PM, Brian Birtles <bbirtles@mozilla.com> wrote:
>
> On 2015/08/13 4:05, Simon Fraser wrote:
>> I think that only changes in animation-name (and maybe the presence of referenced @keyframes) should trigger running.
>
> Are you suggesting that delay does not update?
>
> i.e., that the following two code fragments produce different results?
>
> // A
> elem.style.animationName = 'abc';
> elem.style.animationDuration = '3s';
> elem.style.animationDelay = '5s';
>
> // B
> elem.style.animationName = 'abc';
> elem.style.animationDuration = '3s';
> elem.getBoundingClientRect();
> elem.style.animationDelay = '5s’;

Whether changing an animation-related property affects running animations is a separate issue, and also one on which I think David Baron was planning to write some prose. The current spec talks about snapshotting properties at animation start time (which I happen to think is the most reasonable).

Simon