Re: Proposal: add a "small-caps" value to "font-synthesis"

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 14:25:35 +0900
To: "Myles C. Maxfield" <mmaxfield@apple.com>
Cc: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, "Ted O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>
> Are there any other opinions on this issue?

Thinking about this a little more, I don't think we should add
'small-caps' to the 'font-synthesis' property. The CSS Fonts spec
defines *required* fallback behavior when 'font-variant' is set to
'small-caps' and the font lacks small caps glyphs. This is different
from the way font selection works for the synthetic bold and italic
cases, those are basically *optional* features added by the user agent.

John Daggett
‚Äč