Re: [css-animations] Animations that start and end in the past

From: Shane Stephens <shans@google.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 15:46:44 +1000
To: Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>
Cc: Brian Birtles <bbirtles@mozilla.com>, "<www-style@w3.org>" <www-style@w3.org>

> We agreed start/end need to fire together. Now you say that an animation
> that didn't actually run needs to fire an end event. And thus, presumably a
> start event since they need to be paired? Hmmm.

One of the most consistent pieces of feedback I hear about CSS Transitions
is that developers can't chain transitions due to the fact that transition
end events don't reliably fire. Let's not make the same mistake with CSS
Animations: if an author has asked for an animation, let's give them an
event to know that it finished, whether or not the animation had a visual
impact.

Cheers,
    -Shane