[css3-multicol] §8.1 Overflow inside multicol element and example 32

From: Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 10:56:34 -0400
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Hello,

8.1. Overflow inside multicol elements
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-multicol/#overflow-inside-multicol-elements

"
(...)
in-flow content that extends into column gaps or neighboring columns —
e.g., long words or images — is not clipped
(...)
"

The problem I see is with example 32. What the example does not show,
does not demonstrate is that content (line boxes) in central column
actually **_paints over_** that black image. Since content is processed
in document order, this causes line boxes in the central column to be
painted over such overflow-into-central-column of black opaque image.

If example 32 would use another color (I suggest orange for best
contrast) instead of black for the large image, then it would and should
show this.

Gérard