Re: [css-flexbox] Edits to testsuite have broken some submitted tests

From: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 10:07:39 -0700
To: Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
CC: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
On 05/22/2014 09:56 AM, Gérard Talbot wrote:
> In the following order:
>
> - to test creators themselves [Addendum: that's you!!]

Yup! And I'm happy to do local fixes, if I can find the updated version
of the file to fix. :)

> - to Public CSS Test suite mailing list
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/

Thanks -- I'll direct future similar questions there instead of to
www-style.

> - to Peter Linss if you suspect some kind of XHTML-to-HTML
> autoconversion issue or bug

OK. It sounds like that process might be what's involved here. Do these
tests *need* to be HTML (not XHTML), by the way?

> I'm not 100% sure of your question (by live, I assume you mean the
> latest and most recent version of tests originally submitted)

I'm asking where the files that I linked in my first message on this
thread (and linked from the flexbox ED spec) are tracked / managed.

For reference, here's the link to one such file (in the testsuite):
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-flexbox-1_dev/nightly-unstable/html/reference/flexbox-align-self-vert-4-ref.htm

Note that this file ends in .htm, not .xhtml.

> but the src of tests
> flexbox-align-self-vert-4.xhtml
[...]

> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/mozilla/submitted/mozilla-central-reftests/

Right, those are the working .xhtml versions, not the converted/broken
.htm versions. I'm looking for where the .htm versions were added &
where *they* are tracked.

> Try
>
> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/testcase/flexbox-align-self-vert-4/

As above, this is the .xhtml version

> In Shepherd, you can view the change-history of tests.

That doesn't have the version of the test that I'm asking about, though,
so it doesn't have the changes that I'm interested in visible.

~Daniel