Re: [css-variables] ...let's change the syntax

* Daniel Glazman wrote:
>To be honest, I don't think that's what framework authors or even web
>site designers were looking for. They were looking for -jquery-foo and
>-mywebsite-foo because prefixes are already well known. They don't
>care and don't want to care about our syntactic rules about idents
>starting with a hyphen or not. This has always had my preference; users
>first.

I very much doubt that authors would like to see more `-vnd-` prefixes
in their code, especially not in their JavaScript code since they look
so irritating and out of place, never minding that many authors probably
have been traumatised by these vendor prefixes at some point.