Re: [css-writing-modes] Rename extent/measure to block-size/inline-size?

> On Mar 12, 2014, at 3:44 PM, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
>
> Length, however, has the issue that it's the
> term we use for all one-dimensional size measurements in CSS.

I see that as a positive thing. You are only measuring one dimension at a time, either the block progression dimension (block-length) or the inline progression dimension (inline-length).

I prefer that. But I am also OK with '*-size'. Small, Medium, and Large are sizes that are just single words; they do not require measurements for both width or height (or girth). 'Font-size' is a measurement in only one dimension, even though it has an effect on the width too. The size of the US national debt is a single dollar amount.