Re: [css3-background] Restore box-decoration-break

On 03/04/2014 07:52 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:

> We don't have a B&B CR yet, so what are you talking about? The document is in LC, it has not yet started CR.
>
> Let me explain how W3C process works since you seem unfamiliar with it:
>
> (1) you publish a LC
> (2) you resolve LC comments
> (3) you publish a CR and call for implementations
> (4) you publish a test suite and assess implementation reports
> (5) you identify features at risk
> (6) you remove features at risk if needed based on test suite support and interop reports
> (7) you publish a PR
> (8) you publish a REC

Sorry, this is not how the W3C process works. In theory, it works like
that. In practice, CRs and RECs need maintenance, occasionally involving
substantive changes however minor. For RECs the intermediary state between
two substantially different REC publications is called "Proposed Edited
Recommendation". For CRs, the intermediary state between two substantially
different REC publications is called "Last Call Working Draft". (Basically,
due to an oversight in the creation of this version of the Process -- they
thought CRs would be short and not require editing -- updating a CR draft
requires cycling through LC.)

IIRC the new Process being proposed eliminates both of these in favor of
just cycling REC to REC and CR to CR, without the intermediary phase.

But CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders is "not a CR" in name only. It is still
effectively a CR-level draft, it's just being labelled as WD temporarily
in order to fold in some changes in response to CR feedback.

~fantasai