Re: [css-containment] For what problems is CSS Containment the best solution?

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> Even when you're using DOM-recycling, tweaking things inside each
> "component" can cause unnecessary layout and paint dirtying outside of
> it.

Our DOM recycling designs all use some form of absolute positioning, which
minimizes those issues already. And the point of DOM recycling is that the
DOM stays relatively small, so whatever unnecessary work happens won't be
serious.

Containment could still provide some benefits in some situations, but it
doesn't seem like the big win I originally thought.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w